Tuesday, December 10, 2013

UDK Pacman 1.5

I'm not really a coder/scripter nor I think I excel at it, but I had fun working in this project and I learned a couple of things that will be useful for future projects.

The game was updated taking advantage of unrealscript, the pellets are their own pickup now, they also trigger their own sound and have a set variable where it detects the amount of pellets at the start of the level and as soon as it reaches zero it clears the level. Some minor matinee and kismet workarounds were used for the messages and HUD since I didn't have nearly enough time to learn actionscript and scaleform. Finally some minor game balance tweaks were adjusted to make the game a bit easier (The mobile pawn now is 1.5 times faster)
Huge thanks to my Intermediate scripting instructor Jon Rick for all the help and assistance he provided.


No comments:

Post a Comment